Rambling, thoughts and profundities on the subject of security and privacy in Web 2.0 and in particular Virtual Universes technologies. Occasionally I might diverge at bit.

2010/12/02

Biking in the snow

A few months ago I bought a second hand Pashley-Moulton APB bicycle as a second bike for around town and for the winter. Well, the winter came with about 25 cm of snow and today I decided to bike to work. I have Schwalbe winter spike tires mounted on the 20" wheels. So I set out but had to stop a few times to free up the gears and brakes from snow and ice build-up. Despite the spikes and deeper profile, it was a struggle through snow deeper than 2 cm, so it was lucky that most of the paths were ploughed. Ice wasn't a problem with the spikes. The trip only took 10 min longer than with my recumbent on a dry day and I had a blast, but also a workout.

No comments: